As the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) prepares to host its annual convention, Justin and Matt sit down with NACDA Senior Executive Vice President Pat Manak and Daktronics Convention Coordinator Vickie Johnson to hear all about this year’s event. The conversation also covers the history of NACDA’s conventions, Daktronics’ history with NACDA and much more.
Expectations continue to rise for the streaming of live events. To find out how to get started and elevate your streaming game, Justin and Matt talk with Eric Edens, applications engineer for Daktronics. He covers how live streaming has evolved, the many levels and options for streaming that Daktronics offers, and his personal experiences working with people to live stream their events.
- Big Stream: daktronics.com/bigstream
- Live Book: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/products/software-and-controllers/show-control/show-control-live/live-book-gfx
- NACDA Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13T_VA3Tig&t=218s
Integrating a new Live Book at Charleston Southern University was a game-changer for Director of Athletic Video Communications Nick Case. He joins Justin and Matt to share his experiences with the technology, what it has done for their streaming productions, its features and flexibility, and much more.
- Charleston Southern University Webpage: https://www.charlestonsouthern.edu/athletics/
- Daktronics Live Book Webpage: https://ajtsystems.com/products/livebook-gfx/
The madness is about to begin! As such, Justin and Matt sat down with Val Arias and Brandon McRae, Daktronics account service managers, to talk about the bubbles for the upcoming college basketball championships in Indiana and Texas. They share how Daktronics is involved with LED technology and support at certain venues, including the host of the men’s and women’s championship games at Lucas Oil Stadium and the Alamodome, respectively.
- Daktronics News Release: https://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages/Daktronics-Venues-Supporting-College-Basketball-Madness.aspx
What happens when a team is forced to relocate to a different stadium for their remaining home games during a pandemic? Explore that story and more as Justin and Matt are joined by Laura Johnson, Director Game Presentation & Live Events at the San Francisco 49ers. She shares her journey from a 5-year-old keeping score at parks and recreation basketball to Peoria Sports Complex to the 49ers and everything in between. She even shares her experiences of attending the Daktronics NFL User Group in Brookings, South Dakota.
- Peoria Sports Complex: https://www.peoriasportscomplex.com/
- Digital Audio Facade: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/products/audio-systems/digital-audio-facade
The University of South Alabama brought football to campus with the opening of a brand new stadium this year. Justin and Matt sat down with Joel Erdmann, Director of Athletics at the University of South Alabama, to discuss the new stadium and the Daktronics technology that helps bring it to life. They also cover what it is like to host events during a pandemic, the technology at other venues on campus and much more.
- South Alabama Project News Release: https://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages/Daktronics-Provides-LED-Displays-for-University-of-South-Alabama.aspx
- South Alabama Project Photo: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/photos/details?pn=WP-024057&cid=124355-001
From working on airplanes to working on video boards for Air Force, Jeremy Webb, scoreboard and scoring systems technician at U.S. Air Force Academy, has some interesting experiences. To hear about those experiences and the sports Jeremy works with, Justin and Matt visited with him for this episode.
- Daktronics Digital Audio Facades: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/products/audio-systems/digital-audio-facade
- Air Force Academy Photos: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/photos/details?pn=WP-19843&cid=103725
Working with a multi-use venue is always interesting. To hear about our recent projects with Iowa Event Center, Justin and Matt are joined by AJ Johnson, their Production Manager. AJ shares details of their audiovisual system, how they use it, the multitude of events they host and more.
To discuss how to engage fans when live events return, Justin and Matt talk with Trish Schuver, Daktronics Professional Services Manager. She shares information about creating content for college campuses and event venues, the new content catalog for teams to purchase and more.
- Webinars - https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/partners/innovate-webinars
- Gina/jess podcast - http://podcast.daktronics.com/e/55-businesses-using-digital-signage-during-covid-19-with-gina-and-jess/
- Catalog on YouTube - https://youtu.be/fvezqombfQo
In this episode, Matt and Justin are joined by Ryan Kuzman, regional sales for Large Sports Venues at Daktronics. Ryan talks about some ongoing and recent college projects that he's been involved with, including ones at K-State and Mizzou. He also shares what he's seeing currently on college campuses in his region as they look towards opening back up.
- K-State News Release: https://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages/Kansas-State-University-Upgrades-Audio-and-Video-Displays-with-Daktronics.aspx
- Mizzou Tigers Roar With Renovated South End Zone Facility at Memorial Stadium: https://www.sportsvideo.org/2019/09/19/mizzou-tigers-roar-with-renovated-south-end-zone-facility-at-memorial-stadium/
- Training Facilities Brochure: https://p.widencdn.net/sojl60/BROCHURE_-College-Training-Facilities
- Daktronics College Website: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/markets/colleges