Can digital signage help when selling tasty treats and engaging with your community? Tim LeFevre, President of LeFevre Corporation and owner of 10 Dairy Queen franchises in West Virginia, joins Justin and Matt to tell you the answer to that question is an emphatic YES! The conversation also covers Tim's history of selling cards as a child all the way to owning his own businesses, the impact digital signage has made at two of his Dairy Queen locations, and everything in between.
Sign codes, zoning and permits? There’s a lot going on behind the digital signs you see on a regular basis. To hear about those details, Justin and Matt are joined by Jen Clites and Shawna Hanson from Daktronics’ Sign Legislation team. They talk about LED signs in on-premise, off-premise and out-of-home applications, including some of the terminology, regulations and considerations that can go along with them.
- Daktronics Sign and Legislation Webpage: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/learning-and-resources/regulation-and-legislation
As the Out Of Home landscape progressed through the pandemic, a few things changed. Justin and Matt talked with Joni Schmeichel, Daktronics marketing strategist for OOH advertising, to hear about those changes, trends in the industry and the good things that we’ve seen since then.
- Daktronics OOH Webpage: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/markets/out-of-home-advertising
While billboards are nothing new, digital billboards are becoming more accepted and used in our society. As such, Justin and Matt had a conversation with Chad Harris, Owner of Las Vegas Billboards, about his experiences in the OOH industry including how he got started, how he’s using his inventory of digital billboards and a few interesting stories from working in Las Vegas.
- Las Vegas Billboards website: lasvegasbillboards.com/
- Drone footage: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/video-gallery/Las-Vegas-Billboards
- Daktronics digital billboards: daktronics.com/ooh
Justin and Matt sit down with Joni Schmeichel and Chaz Fuhrman, strategic marketer and sales for Daktronics OOH, respectively. They cover the topic of Digital Out of Home (DOOH) including the advertising trends associated with DOOH, some things to consider from both the display owner and advertiser perspective, and other fun things they’ve seen from the DOOH industry. They also mention how DOOH affects the routine drive to work and a child riding in the back seat of a car.
- Daktronics OOH webpage: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/markets/out-of-home-advertising
- Daktronics OOH Blog: https://blog.daktronics.com/category/out-of-home-advertising/
- Request a FREE Ad Sales Strategy Presentation: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/markets/out-of-home-advertising/services/ad-sales-strategy
- Chaz on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chaz-fuhrman-b774985a/
- Joni on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joni-schmeichel-b6b02417/